Do you love Art and Culture? Do you want to get involved with your community?
The Riddoch and Main Corner Complex is once again able to extend the call for volunteers.
We are looking for enthusiastic, like-minded, friendly people to join us in delivering world-class exhibitions to our local community and visitors from far and wide!
Please note – this is not a call-out for volunteers to help with exhibition installation as these positions are already filled.
The role of these volunteers will be to assist with public engagement with interactive exhibitions in the complex for the foreseeable future.
This will require some basic technological knowledge, or an enthusiastic willingness to learn these skills – if you have a smartphone or tablet that you know how to use at home – you’re pretty much good to go!
The volunteer adventure will begin with the re-opening of the currently installed ‘Cleverman’ interactive exhibition.
Below are some frequently asked questions to do with the volunteering process.
If you have further questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 8721 2563 (during opening hours) or email us at email@example.com
Do I need a Police Check or Working with Children Check?
- Background checks such as these are preferred, however non-qualified volunteers can be partnered with certified staff.
Is there an induction process of any kind?
- Yes, there is a compulsory induction which needs to take place before you can volunteer with us. It doesn’t take long, approximately 1 hour, and while there are a few forms to read through and sign, the whole process will be guided by a staff member.
- Why is this necessary? As a volunteer you are considered an employee of the City of Mount Gambier, and are required to adhere to policies and procedures as part of your engagement.
How does rostering work? Do I need to be available for a certain time to be able to volunteer?
- The best bit about volunteering is that we can work with you, the length of shifts will depend on the project/ exhibition, but are usually about 2 hours. There is no minimum/maximum time you need to be available (however at least a couple of hours is helpful). The complex is currently open 10am-2pm Wednesday to Sunday, so any hours during these opening times would be appreciated, but more days and time may be needed later on.
- Because of this flexibility, it is also the perfect opportunity for University students who come home/have free time during the holidays and would like to be involved in the arts community.
If you are interested in being involved now or in the future please get in touch via email to: